The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a Polish RPG that was developed by CD Projekt Red and published by CD Projekt. The video game was released on May 19, 2015. Due to laws in Japan and certain Middle East countries, the Japanese and Middle Eastern releases were censored. As a result, violence was toned down and nudity was removed.
- The scene that shows a dead peasant on a broken boat was modified for release in Japan. In the Japanese version the guts were digitally removed.
- The scene that shows Regis getting stabbed in the chest was modified for the Japanese release. In the uncensored version it shows the wound slowly regenerating. While in the Japanese version it only shows the regeneration happens quicker and shows less gore than the uncensored version. (Blood and Wine DLC)
- All nudity was censored.
Middle Eastern censorship
- The scene that shows a dead peasant on a broken boat was modified for release in the Middle East. In the Middle Eastern version, the guts were digitally removed.
- Any scene that shows nudity was modified for the Middle East release. In the Middle Eastern version, the nudity was covered up with bikinis and other pieces of clothing.
Saudi Arabia censorship
- The game was banned in Saudi Arabia.