The Punisher is a third person action video game that was developed by Volition and published by THQ. The video game was released on January 16, 2005. Due to the possibility of an Adult Only rating in the USA and in order to to obtain a BBFC 18 rating in the UK, the game was censored. The game was originally banned in Australia.
North American and European censorship
- The special "interrogation" scenes were made black and white in order to reduce their visual impact.
- Some Quick kills were removed due to being too violent/disturbing.
- In PC versions, blood was completely removed from interrogation scenes.
- The game was originally banned due to the amount of violence in it.
- A censored version using the North American/European version was later released.
- All North American/European censorship applies.
- The camera is zoomed out to before killings in order to reduce the impact of the game's violence.
Where to find it uncensored
There is a uncensored fan patch/mod that removes all of the censorship.