The Incredible Hulk is a 2008 film distributed by Universal Pictures and produced by Marvel Studios. This is the last film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to be released while Marvel Entertainment was an independent public company. It is directed by Louis Leterrier and stars Edward Norton in the titular lead role. On the Australian children's network ABC Me, some scenes and language are toned down, censored, or cut in order to appeal to younger viewers and to get a "PG-V" rating.
On the network ABC Me (known as ABC3 at the time), some scenes and language had to be cut/toned down in order to appeal to its target audience (children and teenagers, but more specifically the former), to give it a "PG-V" rating. It premiered on the channel on March 20, 2010 at 5pm.
- The line "Move your asses!" was changed to "Move your butts!"
- Both uses of the line "Asshole!" was changed to "Jerk!"
- The line "Oh, shit!" was changed to "Oh, no!"
- The words "son of a bitch" were changed to "son of a snitch".
- Any scene that shows General Ross smoking was toned down.
- The mid-credits scene was cut.
- The Abomination's transformation scene was shortened. (As of 2015 the scene is now shown uncensored)
- The scene that shows Bruce and Betty attempting to have sex, but the latter refuse to, just in case the former becomes the Hulk was cut.
- Some violence is toned down, possibly because the Hulk and/or his adversaries are too "intimidating" for younger viewers.
New Zealand censorship
- The mid-credits scene was cut (As of 2013 the scene is shown uncut).
- The Abomination's transformation scene was shortened.
- Violence is toned down.
Where to find it uncensored
The DVD and Blu-ray home videos are uncensored. Streaming services carry it uncensored.
|Marvel Cinematic Universe by Marvel Studios|