Spider-Man is an American superhero movie directed by Sam Raimi and distributed by Columbia Pictures. The movie was released in theaters on April 29, 2002. When the movie aired on Cartoon Network it was censored due to network standards. As a result, violence and sexuality were toned down.
- The scene that shows man getting hit by a giant light was edited and was replaced with a scene that shows the Green Goblin looking for Spider-Man.
- The scene where Green Goblin says "Have you not been so selfish your little girlfriend's death would have been quick and painless. But now you really pissed me off." was being cut.
- The scene that shows Norman getting killed by his glider was edited and replaced with a close up on the Green Goblin's glider.
- The scene that shows the Green Goblin breaking the walls was slowed down.
- The scene that shows Mary Jane standing in the rain, which results in her clothes getting soaked was cut.
- The scene that shows Spider Man and Mary Jane kissing was cut.
(Time codes of cuts are not listed, around 13 minutes were cut in order to shorten the length of the film)
- The scene that shows Mary Jane standing in the rain, which results in her clothes getting soaked was changed with the camera zoomed in on Mary Jane's face thus this no longer shows the outlines of her nipples.
Where to find it uncensored
The theatrical and DVD releases are completely uncensored.