Shadow the Hedgehog is an American platforming game that was produced by Sega Studio USA, and was released on November 15, 2005. Due to the ESRB announcing the E10+ rating months before release, the game was censored to get a Teen rating. As a result, violence was toned down and some language was removed. This censored version became the worldwide release, as a result there is no uncensored version that people can play.
- Any scene that shows pinkish blood coming out of the Black Arms aliens when you attack/kill them was modified for the E10+ release. In the E10+ version, the red blood was digitally recolored to green.
- Any scene that shows the G.U.N soldiers bleeding after you attack or kill them was modified for the E10+ release. In the E10+ version, the red blood was removed. (The red blood can be seen in small amounts in the E3 demo videos online)
- The scene that shows Shadow attacking the G.U.N. soldiers was modified for the E10+ release. In the Teen version, the soldiers were originally bleeding red blood.
- The scene that shows a G.U.N. soldier getting hit by a alien blast in the intro was modified for the E10+ release. In the E10+ version, the scene cuts off before we see him getting hit.
- The scene where Shadow says "What the hell is going on with me?" it was changed to "What is going on with me?".
- The scene where Shadow says "Just what the hell was that all about?" it was changed to "Just what was that all about?".
- The scene where Sonic says "Hate to piss off G.U.N." it was changed to "Hate to tick off G.U.N.".
- The scene that shows Maria getting shot was modified for the E10+ release. In the E10+ version, the scene turns white; as a result, you no longer see the G.U.N. soldier shooting Maria.
- In the unreleased T rated version G.U.N soldiers health bars would turn red when killed. This is not the case in the E10+ release.
There is no uncensored release of this game. In fact it is believed all copies of the uncut version no longer exist anywhere and were all destroyed.