Shadow the Hedgehog is a American platforming game that was made by Sega Studio USA, and it was released on November 15, 2005. Due to the ESRB announcing the E10+ rating months before release, the game was censored to get a Teen rating. As a result, violence was toned down and some language was removed. This censored version became the worldwide release, as a result there is no uncensored version that people can play.
- Any scene that shows red blood coming out of the Black Arms aliens was modified for the E10+ release. In the E10+ version, the red blood was digitally recolored to green.
- The scene that shows Shadow attacking the G.U.N. soldiers was modified for the E10+ release. In the Teen version, the soldiers were originally bleeding red blood.
- The scene that shows a G.U.N. soldier getting hit by a alien blast in the intro was modified for the E10+ release. In the E10+ version, the scene cuts off before we see him getting hit.
- The scene where Shadow says "What the hell is going on with me?" it was changed to "What is going on with me?".
- The scene where Shadow says "Just what the hell was that all about?" it was changed to "Just what was that all about?".
- The scene where Sonic says "Hate to piss off G.U.N." it was changed to "Hate to tick off G.U.N.".
- The scene that shows Maria getting shot was modified for the E10+ release. In the E10+ version, the scene turns white; as a result, you no longer see the G.U.N. soldier shooting Maria.
- In the unreleased T rated version G.U.N soldiers health bars would turn red when killed. This is not the case in the E10+ release.
Where to find it uncensored
There is no uncensored release of this game. In fact it is believed all copies of the uncut version no longer exist anywhere and were all destroyed.