Resident Evil 3: Nemesis is a survival horror video game developed and published by Capcom for the PlayStation and Windows PCs. It was released on September 22, 1999 for the PS and June 16, 2000 for Windows. The PlayStation version was censored differently by region. In order for the game to be released in Germany, the game had to be censored even further.
(analysis by TCRF)
North American censorship
(Applies to Dreamcast, Playstation and the PC)
- The zombie head kicking and head crushing are censored in the North American version.
- The death scene where the character gets decapitated by a Hunter was censored. His/Her head does not get cut off anymore.
- The introduction cutscene for the Hunter enemy is censored in both PlayStation and PC (decapitation of a zombie).
- All of the European censorship is included in the German release of the game. It is further censored by eliminating gore, recoloring of blood to gray, and enemies vanishing when killed. Because of these modifications, the Mercenaries minigame is made unintentionally more difficult.
- The introduction cutscene for the Hunter enemy is censored in every Windows version.
Where to find it uncensored
There is no completely uncensored PlayStation release. The North American GameCube release (available since January 15, 2003) is uncensored.