No More Heroes is an Japanese hack and slash game that was developed by Grasshopper Manufacture and published by Marvelous Entertainment, Ubisoft and Rising Star Games. The Wii release was censored outside North America (to prevent getting a restrictive Z rating in Japan or a PEGI 18), and the PlayStation 3 version is uncensored worldwide. Except for the Japanese release, the PlayStation 3 Japanese release has the same censorship edits that were in the International Wii release.
- Any scene that shows blood during cutscenes was modified for the International release. In the International version the blood was either digitally removed, or recolored black.
- In the uncensored version you can behead enemies, in the International release this feature was removed.
- In the uncensored version you can Dissect your enemies, in the International release this feature was removed
- In the uncensored version dead hostile explode which causes a massive cloud of blood, in the International release this feature was removed.
- In the uncensored version after you fight Death Metal you can see him lying on the ground surrounded by a pool of blood. In the International release Death Metal's mutilated body was digitally removed, and the pool of blood was reduced and digitally recolored black.
Where to find it uncensored
Only the North American Wii version is completely uncensored, and the European PlayStation 3 release is completely uncensored.
Strangely enough, the sequel (No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle) is uncensored everywhere.