Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium is a 2007 film distributed by 20th Century Fox and starring Dustin Hoffman in the titular lead role, alongside Natalie Portman, Jason Bateman, and Zach Mills. On the Australian network ABC Me, some very mild coarse language, as well as a scene, had to be removed or toned down from the film in order to get it the film's initial "G" rating rather than being re-rated "PG" for this reason.
The film premiered on the network on December 31, 2010 at 6pm, followed by a rerun on January 1, 2011 at 8:50am.
- The line "Lift... ah, crap." is changed to "Lift... ah, darn!"
- The line "Stupid zebra." is changed to "Oh, forget it."
- The line "Because I'm a jerk." is changed to "Because I'm bad."
- The line "What in God's name?" is shortened to "What?"
- The scene with the mechanical dragon was cut, due to the dragon possibly intimidating younger viewers.
- In some airings, the end credits are cut.
However, this proved problematic when the film was rerun on December 24, 2016 uncut with a "G" rating at 4:35pm.
New Zealand Censorship
- The line "Lift... ah, crap." was changed to "Lift... ah, shoot." in the initial airing.
- There was a rumor that the film was going to be banned in New Zealand due to it's euphemistic portrayal of death. This was, however, false.
Where to find it uncensored
The DVD/Blu-ray is uncensored.