Mario Kart 64 is a racing video game developed and published by Nintendo. The video game was released on December 14, 1996. Due to Nintendo's policies at the time and to prevent lawsuits of trademark and copyrights the game was censored outside Japan.
- All consumerist sponsors based on real-world products were removed, likely to prevent trademark lawsuits. They have been replaced by generic signs of characters. Specifically, the sign based on Marlboro was removed due to a subtle reference to tobacco.
- Marioro (Marlboro) was changed to "Mario Star".
- Yoshi 1 (Mobil 1) became simply "Yoshi".
- Luigip (Agip) was changed to Luigi's.
- Koopa Air (Goodyear) simply had its colors changed.
- The blue 64 in an orange sphere (based on 76) had its colors changed. It is now a white 64 in a blue sphere.
Where to find it uncensored
The Japanese version is uncensored.