Johnny Test is a animated series produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Cookie Jar Entertainment and distributed by Warner Bros. The series aired from 2005 on The WB, 2006-2008 on The CW and 2008-2014 on Cartoon Network, with CN airing reruns in December 27, 2014 to January 2015. When it aired in the UK, it was censored due to their television standards.
It was also censored when it briefly aired on Discovery Family USA in April 15, 2022, and the censored US version was also aired in Canada and on Discovery World in Europe.
- All post-2017 DVD releases use the Turner prints instead of the original prints (the remastered 2005-2006 prints).
Southeastern European censorship
- Since 2018, all season 1 and early season 2 episodes use the Turner prints instead of the original prints.
- Episode 4a ("Deep Sea Johnny")
- Any scene where a character transforms to a sea creature was modified for the UK broadcast. In the UK version, the scene was slowed down and has been slightly darkened to prevent seizures. (On the DVD releases it's no longer darkened, but it's still slowed down)
- Episode 4b ("Johnny & the Amazing Turbo Action Backpack")
- The scene that shows the Action Turbo Backpack shrinking Johnny's school books was modified for the UK broadcast. In the UK version, the scene was slowed down and has been slightly darkened to prevent seizures. (On the DVD releases it's no longer darkened, but it's still slowed down)
- Any season 1 and early season 2 episodes that had Chris Savino credited were re-edited when it aired on Discovery Family: Chris Savino's credit was removed due to the controversy of his firing from Nickelodeon in 2017. This version is known as the Turner print. This print was made by Turner in 2017 after Chris Savino was fired from Nickelodeon due to allegations of harassment by women. Discovery Family USA, Discovery World, and post-2017 Canadian releases use the censored Turner prints, although the original prints are available on American DVD releases.
Where to find it uncensored
All Cartoon Network, The WB, The CW and International releases are uncensored and use the original prints, although in Spain they still use the Turner prints for some early season 2 episodes.
- Johnny Test (TV Show) at the Johnny Test Wiki