Inazuma Eleven is a 2008 to 2011 Japanese anime television series based on Level-5's video game series of the same name. The animated series was produced by OLM under the direction of Katsuhito Akiyama and consists of 127 episodes.
An anime television series based on the game aired on the TV Tokyo network from October 5, 2008 until April 27, 2011. The series was produced by Level-5 in conjunction with TV Tokyo and OLM.
The technique known as Majin The Hand (Demon God The Hand), received censorship in some countries.
- In the Castilian Spanish, French and German dubs, this hissatsu is respectively known as Mano Mágica, Main Magique, and Magische Hand, which translate to "Magic Hand". This is one of several instances where the localization changed the name to avoid infringing on the religious beliefs of the viewer.
- Interestingly, the hissatsu kept its original name in the English dub, however, the fact that Majin is a Demon is never mentioned in it.
- In the Italian dub, it is known as “Mano del Colosso” (Colossus Hand) because of religious censorship.
Another case of censorship was in Mamoru Endo's technique known as God Hand:
- In the Brazilian Portuguese and Latin American dub, it is known respectively as Mão Fantasma and Mano Fantasma, which translates as "Ghost Hand", while in the Italian dub, it is known as Mano di Luce, which means "Hand of Light".
Another censorship was in the technique known as Big Bang.
- In the Italian dub, it was renamed to “Grande Fuoco” (Great Fire) because of religious censorship, as many Italian Christians do not believe in the Big Bang theory.
The name of the character Deos was subject to Italian censorship because it sounds like the word God in Italian, in the Italian dubbing his name is Daos.