Grand Theft Auto V is an action-adventure game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. The video game was released on 17 September 2013. In order to get released in Japan the game had to be censored. It was also censored or banned in other countries.
- Confederate flags were removed.
- All scenes containing nudity are censored.
- Any scene showing women topless is censored.
- The scene that shows Trevor with his pants down was modified for the Japanese release. In the Japanese version he is wearing pants.
- The scene that shows Trevor and Ashley having sex was cut.
- Tracey's audition outfit now has her wearing panties under it.
- The scene that shows Trevor having fun with the girlfriend of Johnny Klebitz was cut.
- The scene where Franklin has to take pictures of a female teen star was modified for the Japanese release. In the uncensored she is having sex. In the Japanese version she is smoking.
- Strippers now are wearing pasties to cover their nipples.
- You can no longer engage in sexual acts with prostitutes.
- The tattoo Lazlow gets is now shaped like a rocket instead of a penis.
- The scene that shows Trevor hitting his victim in the crotch with a pipe wrench was cut.
- The scene that shows Trevor using electric torture on his victim was cut.
- The scene that shows Trevor using waterboarding on his victim was cut.
- The scene that shows Trevor pulling teeth out of the victim's mouth was cut.
Saudi Arabia Censorship
- The video game is banned in Saudi Arabia due to its sexual, drug, and violent content.
- The game is banned in Thailand due to an 18-year-old Thai player supposedly influenced by Grand Theft Auto killing a taxi driver from Bangkok. (The ban does not affect PC digital versions.)
United Arab Emirates Censorship
- The game is banned in the United Arab Emirates.
- You cannot see Trevor's penis when wearing dresses
Where to find it uncensored
Every other region has it uncensored.