Gal*Gun: Double Peace is a rail shooting video game that was developed by Inti Creates. The video game was first released by Alchemist in Japan on August 6, 2015. It was also published by PQube in North America and Europe. Due to the game's sexualized content, it was banned in Australia, New Zealand, and the United Arab Emirates.
Australia / New Zealand / United Arab Emirates
- The game was banned due to its sexualization of female high school students. Publisher PQube appealed the "objectionable" ruling in New Zealand, but was denied. The chief censor stated: "The game’s lack of difficulty means that this content is available to even unskilled players and further supports the idea that the intention of this game is for the titillation and arousal of the viewer, rather than for any interest in gameplay mastery."
Where to find it uncensored
Every other country has it uncensored.
- Australia puts Gal Gun: Double Peace in detention by CJ Andriessen, Destructoid. 2016-07-27.
- The banning of Gal*Gun: Double Peace – did the Chief Censor get it wrong? by Matthew Codd, The Spinoff. 2017-02-02.
- Gal*Gun: Double Peace, PCGamingWiki. Accessed 2022-04-17.
- Gal Gun Double Peace has been banned in New Zealand by Cory Arnold, Destructoid. 2017-01-20.