Doctor Strange is a 2016 film produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. It is directed by Scott Derrickson, and starred Benedict Cumberbatch in the titular lead role. On the Australian children's network ABC Me, just like numerous other films by Marvel Studios, some scenes, language and violence were censored in order to appeal to younger viewers.
The sequel, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, was released in 2022.
The film had scenes, language, and violence toned down or cut in order to give the film a "PG-VH" rating and to appeal to younger audiences. The film premiered on the channel on September 29, 2017 at 6pm. The censorship goes as follows:
- The line "Bullshit. Show me his file." is changed to "Jiminy Cricket. Show me his file."
- The line "No! No… No! Shit!" is changed to "No! No… No! Darn!"
- The line "Oh shit!" is changed to "Oh boy!"
- The line "I was a complete asshole." is changed to "I was a complete dummy."
- The line "Who’s laughing now, asshole?" is changed to "Who's laughing now, dummy?"
- The car crash scene is shortened.
- The Ancient One's death is cut or shortened.
- The scene that shows The Ancient One's dead body as she is being dragged on the hospital bed is cut.
- Some of the intensely frightening supernatural fantasy horror violence is cut or toned down, as not to frighten younger viewers.
- The post-credits scene (involving Mordo) is cut, due to its extreme violence.
- The movie itself is modified: all blood (although not very graphic) is digitally removed.
The film was nearly impossible to have been censored in any way at all, due to how supernatural the violence is in the movie.
Where to find it uncensored
The DVD and Blu-ray home videos are completely uncensored. The uncensored version can also be found on video streaming sites.
|Marvel Cinematic Universe by Marvel Studios|