Digimon Adventure is a Japanese anime that was produced by Toei Animation. It was broadcast from March 7, 1999 to March 26, 2000. Due to Saban wanting to make the show more family friendly, some scenes were censored for the English dub which premiered on Fox Kids. Hulu uses the censored English dub.
(The Saban dub is censored)
- Episode 5
- The scene where Andromon says "The evil is gone..." was cut.
- Episode 6
- The scene that shows the puppet floating in the sewer was cut.
- The scene that shows Mimi walking to the window, and looking inside was shortened.
- The scene where Agumon says "When we woke up..." was cut.
- The scene where Piyomon says "... we were here." was cut.
- Episode 7
- The scene that shows Palmon, Mimi and T.K. stopping abruptly was cut.
- The scene that shows a close up on Joey craving the word with a knife was cut.
- Episode 8
- The scene that shows the slowly camera panning over the table was shortened.
- The scene that shows Taichi and Yamato running over to Joe, and starting to pull him was cut.
- The scene where Taichi and Yamato try to persuade Joe to join them in the hot spring was cut.
- The scene that shows Gomamon and Joe knocked out on the floor was cut.
- The scene that shows Leomon running towards Tai was cut.
- The scene that shows Leomon grabbing Tai’s throat, while Leomon has Tai against the wall was cut.
- Episode 9
- The scene that shows Tai and Matt fighting each other was cut.
- Episode 13
- The scene that shows Ogremon hitting Greymon’s head with a club was cut.
- The scene that shows Ogremon firing an energy ball into Greymon's face was cut.
- The scene that shows Garurumon getting thrown against a wall, which results in rocks falling on him was cut.
- The scene that shows Devimon grabbing Ogremon's throat, and lifting him up was cut.
- The scene that shows Ogremon hitting Leomon, which results in Leomon being thrown onto the ground was cut.
- The scene where Ogremon says "You thought his back would be his weak spot? Well, I won't let you get near it for sure!" was cut.
- The scene that shows Leomon lying on the ground, with Ogremon standing over him was cut.
- The scene where Ogremon says "I am now one with Devimon-sama." was cut.
- Episode 2
- The scene that shows Poyomon being poked with a stick was cut.
- Episode 3
- The scene where Ken hits the little dog in the real world has been cut.
- The scene where The Emperor of the Digimon hits Elecmon with a whip has been cut (replaced by a white flash)
- On March 11, 2001, 4Kids hired the German dub on Jetix to be the only one cencored and translated from the English version of Digimon.
- The Czech, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Danish, Norweigan, Swedish and Polish versions of Digimon were already Incomplete and Unexpected from the English edition.
Where to find it uncensored
The original Japanese release was completely uncensored.