Call of Duty: World at War is an American action game that was developed by Treyarch and published by Activision. It was released on November 10, 2008. The game was originally banned in Germany. Eventually a censored version was released which toned down the violence and removed all Nazi symbols.
- Nazi symbols were removed in the German release.
- Blood splatters were removed.
- If you do a bayonet attack the amount of blood that is shown was reduced.
- Killing enemies does not cause blood splatters on the walls or blood stains on the floor.
- Shooting dead enemies has the blood effects reduced.
- Body parts can no longer be separated.
- Enemies can no longer be set on fire.
- The scene that shows a American soldier shooting a Japanese man, and then says "You like that? You piece of shit!" was cut.
- The scene that shows the Japanese man falling over the railing was cut.
- The scene that shows Japanese crawling and walking on the beach after a Rocket attack you can order in mission 2 was cut.
- The scene that shows German soldiers in mission 4 shooting wounded Russian soldiers was cut.
- In mission 5 Hitler is no longer shown.
- In mission 9 the scene that shows a German soldier getting shot was cut.
- References to Nazism were removed.
- The Zombies mode was completely removed.
- The final fmv sequence was removed.
Where to find it uncensored
Every other country had it completely uncensored.