Avengers: Infinity War is a 2018 film distributed by Marvel Studios. On the Australian network ABC Me, some scenes and language was censored in order to appeal to younger viewers and to get a "PG-VL" rating.
The film had some scenes and language censored when it aired initially on the channel on February 8, 2019 at 5pm in order to get a "PG-V" rating. However, this seemed too problematic to censor the film or even air the film on the channel due to it's excessive violence and overall somber tone. This is what's censored on the channel.
- Some, leading to most, of the violence is toned down, perhaps ironically, due to the film's somber tone.
- Noticeably, the scenes where Loki, Gamora, Heimdall, and Vision die are also shortened. Also, the big fight scene in Wakanda is shortened.
- The line "Protecting your reality, douchebag." is changed to "Protecting your reality, doofus."
- The line "What am I supposed to say? Jesus?" is changed to "What am I supposed to say? Brad Pitt?" for humorous effect, and due to taking Jesus' name in vain.
- The line "Yeah, that's on Earth, dip-shit." is changed to "Yeah, that's on Earth, doofus."
- The line "Shit." is changed to "Damn."
- The line "Holy shit! We're all gonna die!" is changed to "Holy turd! We're all gonna die!"
- The line "My God, Rhodes, your talent for horseshit rivals my own." is changed to "My God, Rhodes, your talent for sarcasm rivals my own."
- The line "No bullshit!" is changed to "No kidding!"
- Perhaps for humorous effect, Star-Lord's use of the word "eff" is bleeped out, due to "eff" being a euphemistic term for "fuck".